Thursday, April 19, 2012

PAX East

Repertoire Productions was recently in town all the way from San Francisco and asked me to shoot a short video for their client Alienware Computers. The gig was for PAX East, which is essentially a computer gamer's expo/paradise. People came out in the thousands and I'd say 30% of them were dressed up in costumes of their favourite Gamer heroes. It was good fun and a nice introduction to a new (and growing) sub-culture.  This was also the first time I was able to get my hands on a Kessler CineSlide & the motion control machine Oracle. Although I didn't have enough time to use the machine to it's full potential, I did manage to get some great shots that added a lot of production value to the project. I especially enjoyed using it with a slow shutter speed and getting a sense of the movement of the crowd. Anyways, you can check out the video in the following link:

Repertoire also asked me to shoot a last minute video for their friends at Twitch.tv (video linked below).
          http://vimeo.com/40370769










No comments:

Post a Comment