Friday, March 30, 2012

Bringin Back That Ol Boston Rap

I used to listen to a lot of Hip Hop back when I was growing up in the "rough" streets of Whitehorse, Yukon. In those days Wu-Tang, Biggie, Nas, and 2Pac were constantly on my cd player (Kids, if you don't know what a CD player is, go down to your local antique store and they may have a few kicking around). In more recent years, the rap genre has pretty much dropped off my radar - I'll chalk it up to the music changing; not the fact that I might be getting old. However, the other week a Boston production company called Extraneous Noise, hired me to help shoot a live rap concert featuring a rapper by the name of J the S. It was a fun shoot which gave me a taste of the Boston underground Hip Hop scene. Needless to say, the sold out show brought back some old memories...and I've since found myself re-visiting some of those old classic Wu-Tang songs.

You can check out the video here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyut3ES-PzU&feature=youtu.be




No comments:

Post a Comment